- Complaints management
- Corporate Services
- Housing strategy
- Information privacy
- Open data
- Queensland Government Enterprise Architecture (QGEA)
- Queensland State Archives (QSA)
We welcome your compliments, complaints, or any other feedback that will help us improve our services.
For information about how we handle complaints, read the:
Read the public interest disclosures for information relating to public interest disclosures including complaints involving suspected corrupt conduct.
Public interest disclosures
For information relating to public interest disclosures (including complaints involving suspected corrupt conduct), read the:
- Prevention and Management of Corrupt Conduct and Public Interest Disclosure Policy (PDF, 500.33 KB)
- Prevention and Management of Corrupt Conduct and Public Interest Disclosure Procedure (PDF, 497.51 KB).
- Air travel policy
- Domestic and overseas travel policy (including travel delegations)
- Hospitality policy (including catering)
- Fringe benefits tax (FBT) manual
- Gifts and benefits policy and procedure
- Goods and services (GST) tax manual
- Insurance policy and procedures
- Management consultant’s policy and procedures
- Corporate purchasing cards policy
- Taxi services policy and procedure
- Use of venues for DPW workshops and conferences policy and procedure.
- Attendance recording policy
- Criminal history screening policy
- Cultural leave policy
- Discipline policy
- Domestic and family violence policy
- Employee complaints policy
- Equality of employment opportunity policy
- Flexible work policy
- Hours of work policy and accumulated time arrangements
- Performance excellence policy
- Professional memberships policy
- Reasonable adjustment policy
- Recreation leave policy
- Salary overpayments policy
- Separation management policy
- Standard of conduct policy
- Student work experience policy
- Study and research assistance policy
- Vehicle policy
- Work health safety and wellbeing policy
- Workplace behaviour policy
- Workplace rehabilitation policy
- Administrative release of information policy
- Data governance policy
- ICT end user developed systems policy
- ICT procurement and contract management policy
- Information security management policy
- Intellectual property policy
- Recordkeeping policy
- Use of ICT services, facilities and devices policy.
- Conflict of interest policy and procedure
- Contact with lobbyists policy
- Fraud and corruption prevention policy
- Legal Services Policy
The Queensland Housing Strategy 2017-2027 is a 10-year framework driving key reforms and targeted investment across the entire housing continuum.
The strategy redefines how the Queensland Government will deliver housing to support urban renewal, generate new jobs, provide affordable housing and drive innovative housing design that responds to contemporary housing needs.
The Queensland Government collects and manages personal information held in government in accordance with Information Privacy Act 2009. The primary intent of the legislation is to protect the personal information collected and used in the delivery of government services and the conduct of government business.
The Open Data Strategy refers to the department’s plan to deliver the Queensland Government’s Open Data Initiative, which the department is responsible for leading. The Government’s commitment to open data is outlined in the Queensland Government Open Data Policy Statement.
Queensland Government Enterprise Architecture (QGEA)
The QGEA policies, frameworks and guidelines relating to digital, ICT-enabled and ICT initiative governance and assurance are available.
Queensland State Archives (QSA)
The Records governance policy sets out the principles Queensland Government agencies and public authorities have to follow to meet minimum recordkeeping requirements.
Read the QSA Service Charter for more information, resources and contact details.
- Last updated:
- 7 September 2020