National and state housing agreements and reports
Australian Government funding to the states and territories is subject to the:
Housing and homelessness funding is provided under the:
- National Housing and Homelessness Agreement (NHHA)
- associated bilateral schedule (PDF, 365 KB) between the Australian and Queensland Governments.
From 1 July 2018, the NHHA replaced the:
- National Affordable Housing Agreement
- associated National Affordable Housing Specific Purpose Payment
- National Partnership Agreement on Homelessness.
Under the NHHA, Queensland is expected to receive funding of around $1.6 billion over 5 years to 2022–23, subject to meeting the Australian Government’s funding requirements.
Queensland’s implementation of the NHHA is mainly a continuation of the:
- core business of the Queensland Housing Strategy 2017–2027
- reform initiatives to reduce homelessness in Queensland.
Reporting on the NHHA will be publicly available by 31 October of the following financial year from 2019.
- Read the 2018-19 report (PDF, 250.45 KB)
- Read the 2019-20 report (PDF, 220.08 KB)
- Read the 2020-21 report (PDF, 316.42 KB)
- Read the 2021-22 report (PDF, 187.75 KB)
- Last updated:
- 19 November 2020