Helping seniors secure their homes
We are helping eligible homeowners aged 60 and over to secure their home by providing financial assistance of up to $10,000 for the installation of security measures.
The initiative will help subsidise practical home security improvements such as:
- strengthening window locks and shutters
- installing CCTV cameras
- addressing other security weaknesses.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- homeowners living in Townsville, Mount Isa, Cairns, Toowoomba, Tablelands and Mareeba Local Government Areas
- aged 60 years or over; and
- a current Pensioner Concession Card or Veteran Card holder.
Applications for the security improvements must be at the applicant’s principal place of residence.
Customers with immediate security requirements will be prioritised.
Eligible customers can apply by calling 13QGOV (13 74 68).