Helping seniors secure their homes
A new $15 million initiative will be trialled in 3 locations across Queensland to help seniors with the cost of securing their homes.
The initiative will help subsidise practical home security improvements such as:
- strengthening window locks and shutters
- addressing design issues that enable ease of access
- installing CCTV cameras.
To be eligible, customers must be:
- homeowners living in the identified areas in the trial locations
- aged 60 years or over
- a current Pensioner Concession Card holder
- unable to afford the works themselves
- unable to receive similar assistance through other government programs.
More information about this initiative will be released soon.
For any questions, please phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
- Last updated:
- 24 February 2023