A unified organisation
A unified organisation: A citizen-centric organisation that is responsive, collaborative and a great place to work.
- Values and principles – continuing to develop a diverse, flexible, compassionate, culturally safe workforce, respecting one another and those we provide services to.
- Leadership – demonstrating strong leadership that effectively manages resources while driving innovation in an agile and changing environment.
- People and performance – investing in our people to create an agile, engaged workforce, achieve performance excellence, continually build our capabilities and realise potential.
- Transformation – embracing digitisation of services, emerging technologies and new ways of doing our work and ensuring we have the right tools and information to transform and optimise our capacity to provide service excellence.
- Safe and healthy workplaces – improving our systems and culture to enhance our health, safety and wellbeing.
Performance indicators and measures
Improved Working for Queensland Survey results
- Improvement in Working for Queensland Employee Opinion Survey in areas of Your Work, Your Workgroup, Your Workplace.
- Improvement in Working for Queensland Employee Opinion Survey in areas of leadership including Your Manager, Your Senior Manager and Your Organisation.
Systems are progressive and responsive
- HPW business units migrated to the same O365 tenancy to facilitate improved collaboration (%).
- Mobile capable corporate devices available to departmental users (as a % of the total corporate device fleet).
Improved workforce diversity
Annual improvement towards workforce diversity (EEO surveys) 2022 targets:
- Percentage of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Percentage of people with a disability.
- Percentage of women in leadership.
- Percentage of people from non-English speaking backgrounds.
Improved safety and wellbeing of our workforce
- Reduction in lost time injuries as compared to the previous year.
- Last updated:
- 29 May 2020