Strategic Plan 2021-2025: First Nations first
Ensure Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and culture are central to all engagement, design and delivery.
- Workplaces and services are culturally safe.
- Policies, processes and practices prioritise co-design, place-based and self-determination principles.
- Relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities are strengthened.
- Partner, collaborate, and engage with First Nations peoples in the design and operations of place-based frontline services that meet community needs and expectations.
- Engage, collaborate and partner with First Nations peoples to identify and respond to local housing challenges and priorities with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Housing Action Plan 2019-2023 guiding frontline service delivery.
- Partner with the peak body, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Housing Queensland, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Councils and non-government organisations to improve outcomes for First Nations people in accessing appropriate sustainable housing.
- Work with frontline delivery teams, business, and industry partners, to improve digital infrastructure and connectivity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in order to facilitate economic participation, innovation, and employment opportunities.
- Promote and strengthen Queensland First Nations arts through First Nation-led protocols, processes, investment and initiatives.
- Last updated:
- 29 June 2021