Digital career resources
This is list of resources for Queenslanders and businesses looking to learn or improve their digital skills and capability.
- Industry and community support
- Training, programs and resources
- Publications and useful resources
- Women In Technology events – Various events, presentations, career-based learning and networking opportunities to support women across all fields of technology and science.
- Business Queensland events – A list of events for Queensland business to help them grow and develop their digital and ICT capability.
- LeadIN 2022 – Whitsunday 15 August 2022 (Whitsunday) 17 August 2022 (Issac). a series of events to provide the latest insights on how key innovations and emerging technologies can drive change, create job opportunities and business growth for the Mackay-Isaac-Whitsunday ecosystem and beyond.
- National Cyber Security Awareness Week in 17-22 October 2022 – Annual online initiative of the Australian Government held in partnership with industry, community and consumer groups and state and territory governments that promotes awareness and exploration of cybersecurity careers.
Industry and community support
- UNIQ You – A new virtual platform to connect high school girls (and their guidance and career officers) with industry advisors from sectors currently under-represented by women to increase the pipeline of female employees.
- Women in Technology – This not-for-profit organisation provides a community to support women in across all fields of science and technology.
- Digital Technologies Hub – This hub links to resources to help teachers, students and families learn about digital technologies.
- Australian Information Industry Association Skills Hub – The Skills Hub is a capability academy that focuses on skills management and becoming a ‘place to go’ for deep engagement between individuals, community peers, and academic thought-leaders. It directly supports, and provides deep and focused content to facilitate, learning “in the flow of work” – the notion of accessing knowledge as needed to build a new skill, solve a problem, or meet an organisational challenge.
- CSIRO Digital Careers – Digital Careers supports teachers and encourages students' understanding of digital technologies and the foundational skills they require in an ever-changing workforce.
- Council of ICT Associations – The Council of ICT Associations (CICTA) represents the major ICT-related associations in Queensland to provide a unified voice for Queensland’s ICT industry. They advocate for the interests of the ICT industry in Queensland to the wider business community and the Queensland Government.
- Digital Skills Organisation – You can be involved with the Digital Skills Organisation to build digital skills journey pathways that meet the needs of employers and employees.
- Business Queensland – Queensland Government Information and events to support Queensland small businesses.
Training, programs, and resources
- Queensland Government Digital and ICT Graduate Program – Kick-start your career by working on exciting and innovative digital and ICT projects through the Digital and ICT Graduate Program.
- Department of Employment, Small Business and training – Information about courses, career pathways, subsidised training, skills recognition and apprenticeships and traineeships.
- TAFE Queensland Information Technology Online – Study digital media and information technology online through TAFE Queensland.
- Training.com.au – Search for a course to suit your needs from more than 3,000 available across Australia.
- ICT career streams diagram | Queensland Government Enterprise Architecture – The Queensland Government Enterprise Architecture has developed a diagram to provide a picture of the breadth of ICT Career options and pathways.
Complimentary training for those affected by COVID-19
- Small Business Skills Hub – Find free online training and learning opportunities for COVID-19 impacted small businesses
- Skills Focus Queensland – Free online training to help COVID-19 impacted Queensland workers
- My Skills Job Trainer – If you are aged 17-24 or looking for work, find a career path, search for a training provider or find out how you can study a free or low-fee course through JobTrainer.
- TAFE Queensland (COVID Safe) – A range of fully-funded and free training options for businesses and individuals affected by COVID-19.
Publications and useful resources
- ACS Australia’s Digital Pulse 2021 | Deloitte Australia | Deloitte Access Economics – This 2021 report provides an annual snapshot of trends in the Australian digital economy and workforce.
- Labour Force, Australia, monthly estimates 2022 | Australian Bureau of Statistics (abs.gov.au) – Key estimates gathered from monthly Labour Force Survey.
- Australia's Digital Economy Strategy – The Digital Economy Strategy targets investments that will underpin improvements in jobs, productivity and make Australia’s economy more resilient
- AUCyber Explorer – Provides detailed, actionable data about supply and demand in the Australian cyber security job market to help close the cyber security skills gap.
- Last updated:
- 28 March 2022