Communities Innovation Fund: Responses to Social Isolation and Loneliness
Applications for grants under the Communities Innovation Fund have closed.
The Communities Innovation Fund will provide up to $200,000 per year to community organisations for innovative services that create meaningful connections for Queenslanders experiencing social isolation and loneliness.
In 2023, two grant types were available:
- small grants – for short-term initiatives up to $50,000. Small grants will be offered annually from 2023 to 2026.
- large grants – for longer-term initiatives up to $200,000. Large grants were offered once in 2023.
The Communities Innovation Fund is a flagship initiative of Communities 2032 – the Queensland Government’s new ten-year plan for supporting vibrant, inclusive, safe and welcoming communities.
As a key priority of Communities 2032, the Communities Innovation Fund is focused on initiatives that combat social isolation and loneliness in Queensland communities.
Application process – next steps
Applications for the Communities Innovation Fund opened on 27 January 2023 and closed at 2pm, Monday 6 March 2023.
A panel is currently assessing applications against the published eligibility criteria, as well as how they compare to other applications. The panel may also take into consideration local needs, existing service provision and the geographical spread of applications to avoid duplication and/or concentration of service delivery in a single area.
Applicants will be notified in writing about the outcome of their applications in the near future.
A list of successful applicants will be published to the department’s website.
Applications for grants under the Communities Innovation Fund have now closed. Late applications will not be accepted.
Grant guidelines are provided below for reference only:
- download the small grants guidelines (PDF, 237.06 KB)
- download the large grants guidelines (PDF, 234.67 KB)
- view addendum one (PDF, 104.78 KB) for clarifications of the above small and large grant guidelines.
- Last updated:
- 6 March 2023